This Thai-inspired roasting tin salmon dish is packed with flavour and makes for a deliciously healthy, simple comfort meal.
Packed with Thai flavours and healthy. Plus, it’s so easy to make, as the salmon, sauce and vegetables are all cooked together in one roasting tin in the oven. Thai basil is ideal here but if you don’t have any, coriander works well too.
Per Serving= 682 Cals | Fat 42g | Carbs 37g | Protein 37g
400ml full fat coconut milk
2 tbsp red Thai paste
1 fresh red chilli, de-seeded and finely diced
1 large garlic clove, crushed
6cm fresh root ginger
Juice of 2 limes
2 tsp fish sauce
1 cauliflower, split into very small florets
2 Romano peppers, de-seeded and cut into large pieces
3 banana shallots, halved
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp runny honey
150g baby courgettes, sliced thinly on the diagonal
4-6 thin salmon fillets, skinned
Thai basil l or fresh coriander
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/ 200C fan/ Gas 7.
2. Measure the coconut milk, Thai paste, chilli, garlic, ginger, lime juice and fish sauce into a small bowl. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
3. Scatter the cauliflower florets, peppers and shallots into a large roasting tin or an ovenproof dish. Add a tablespoon of the oil and mix well, then pour over half the sauce, season and drizzle over the honey.
4. Roast in the oven for about 12–15 minutes until the vegetables are starting to brown.
5. Toss the courgettes in the remaining oil and add them and the salmon to the tin. Spoon over the remaining sauce, then roast for a further 10 minutes until the salmon flesh is opaque pink and is just cooked.
6. Sprinkle over the Thai basil or coriander and serve with some steamed rice.