Get in the Halloween spirit with this veggie curry. One of our Personal Trainers in Rochdale created this spooky recipe.
Put your used pumpkin-lanterns to good use after this Halloween weekend with this colourful curry; rich in carbs but low in calories.
For any carnivores out there, you can always opt to bulk the recipe up by adding 200g diced chicken breast.
Calories 280 | Fat 12.9g | Carbs 36.85g | Protein 4.5g
(NB: Not inclusive of rice/noodles or optional addition of diced chicken)
PREP TIME – 45 MINS
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3cm piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 70g Thai curry paste
- 400g tin coconut milk
- 200g Tenderstem broccoli
- 150g baby corn, halved
- 1 bunch of spring onions, sliced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 handful of coriander, chopped
- 1 medium pumpkin or squash, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- Rice or noodles
- Heat the oil and saute the onion, ginger and garlic for about five minutes until the onion has softened but not coloured.
- Once they’ve started to soften, now’s the time to stir in the curry paste and cook for a minute.
- Stir in the pumpkin or squash, then add the fish sauce, coconut milk and 200ml water. Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes. (Carnivores, here’s where you’d add your diced chicken breast.)
- Add the broccoli, baby corn and spring onions and continue to cook for about five minutes until the vegetables are tender. Finish off by stirring in the lime juice and coriander.
- Serve with boiled rice or noodles.
Our personal trainers aren’t just great at training, they’re a dab hand at creating great recipes!