This Salted mocha smoothie is a creamy, salty, & chocolatey version of your favourite drive-thru coffee drink. More protein, less sugar, result = natural energy boost!
Plus the frozen fruit and ice elements will feel perfect to drink right now with the hot & sweaty weather we’re lucky enough to be currently experiencing here in the UK!
SERVES 1 | TOTAL COOK TIME = 15 mins | PREP TIME = 15 mins
Per Serving = 251 Cals | Fat 3g | Carbs 30g | Protein 24g
- 1 scoop Chocolate Protein Powder (can use whey – but use whatever protein powder you already have in)
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1-2 drops vanilla stevia drops (optional depending on preferred sweetness)
- 1 tsp instant coffee (optional)
- 1 cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk (or use vanilla/original and add 1tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 1 cup ice
- A pinch of sea/pink Himalayan salt
- 1-2 tbsp coffee beans
- Blend all ingredients (except coffee beans and salt) in a high
powered blender (e.g. nutribullet) until smooth.
- Add salt and coffee beans and blend for 30 more seconds.
- Pour into a cup and top with a small pinch of sea/pink Himalayan salt as desired!
I used whey protein powder, but you can use whatever kind you like best or already have in the kitchen.
This adds a creamy texture to the smoothie. However, if you aren’t a banana fan, I would sub 1/2 cup frozen cooked sweet potato chunks.
Vanilla Stevia Drops:
Adds sweetness without the calories. Feel free to omit or add extra frozen banana for added sweetness. If your protein powder is very sweet, you might not need any!
Instant coffee is concentrated you don’t need that much to get your caffeine fix. Feel free to adjust the amount of instant coffee just know that if you add too much, it will get bitter!
Unsweetened Chocolate Almond Milk:
This stuff is the best! However, if you only have unsweetened vanilla or original, that will work too. You may want to add 1-3 teaspoons of unsweetened cocoa powder to up the chocolate taste!
Do not omit!
Sea/pink Himalayan salt:
If you omit this you will just have a mocha smoothie, that’s okay!
Add in fresh coffee beans at the end gives the smoothie a fun speckled look and a java chip like taste. It’s more of a garnish though, feel free to omit if you want to.