Prep time 15mins cook time 40 mins
Serves 6 people
- Spray olive oil
- 5 large filo pastry sheets (we used jus-roll)
- 8 medium eggs
- 75ml skimmed milk
- 200g asparagus stalks, chopped and halved , tips reserved
- 100g lean wafer-thin ham, torn
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 75g reduced-fat cheddar, grated
- Heat the oven to 190degree/fan 170degree/gas mark 5.
- Spray a 22cm round tart tin with oil.
- Put the filo sheets on a clean surface and cover with a damp tea towel. Spray 1 sheet with oil and place it over the base and sides of the tin. Repeat with 3 more filo sheets, overlapping them, to cover the pan completely. Fold the remaining sheet in half and put it in the base of the tin. Tuck they pastry edges into the inside edge of the tin.
- Whisk the eggs and milk in a large jug and season with black pepper. Layer half the asparagus stalks, ham and spring onions and one-third of the cheese over the pastry base, then repeat with a second layer. Gently pour over the egg mixture, then scatter with the remaining cheese and the asparagus tips. Bake for 35-40 min until the pastry is deep golden and the filling is just set.
- Slice into 6 and serve with a large green salad
- Sat fats-3.8g