Serve these speedy pork souvlaki skewers when you’re in need of a quick, easy yet healthy midweek meal. Also, these skewers can be BBQ’d instead of grilled, if you can get the weather for a BBQ at the moment, of course!
Serve with flatbreads (if you want to add some carbs to this meal and balance it out a little) and yogurt and chilli sauces on the side (to add extra flavour).
SERVES 4 | TOTAL COOK TIME = 25 mins | PREP TIME = 15 mins
Per Serving = 302 Cals | Fat 17g | Carbs 8g | Protein 27g
- 400g lean pork shoulder, cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tbsp dried oregano
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- ½ tsp hot paprika
- 100ml full-fat yogurt
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- ½ cucumber, trimmed and grated
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 2 Little Gem lettuce leaves, separated
- chilli sauce, to serve (optional)
- flatbreads, warmed, to serve (optional)
- Put the pork in a large bowl with the oil, oregano, lemon zest and juice and paprika as well as a good pinch of salt. Toss everything together to combine and leave to marinate for 10 mins.
- Combine the yogurt, garlic and cucumber together in a bowl. Season with salt and set aside.
- Heat the grill to high (or the BBQ). Thread the marinated pork and the peppers on four metal skewers, alternating between the pork and peppers as you go. Place on a non-stick baking sheet and grill for 3-4 mins on each side, or until cooked through and golden brown.
- Serve with the lettuce, yogurt mixture and chilli sauce, and flatbreads, if you want to add some carbs and extra flavour to your pork souvlaki.