Crushing the winter colds (and potentially COVID-19 too) with this Immune Boosting Winter Citrus Smoothie.
This smoothie is jam pack with vitamin C and plenty of nutrients, fiber and antioxidants. Keeping your immune system strong, and energized all day long!
A great morning smoothie or mid afternoon snack and no matter what, it’s going to brighten your winter’s day.
SERVES 2 | PREP TIME – 15 mins | TOTAL COOK TIME – 15 mins
Per Serving = 259 Cals | Fat 2g | Carbs 57g | Protein 4g
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 small raw red beet, chopped
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 cara cara orange, blood orange, or grapefruit, peeled and segmented
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- honey to taste (optional)
- In a blender, combine the mango, lemon juice, turmeric, cayenne, ginger, and orange juice.
- Blend until completely smooth, adding more honey if needed to sweeten. Pour into a tall glass
- Rinse the blender out. Combine the beets, raspberries, orange, and pomegranate juice.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, adding more pomegranate juice if needed to reach your desired consistency.
- Pour over the mango mixture and stir gently to swirl. Top with seeds, if desired. Enjoy!