Chicken Breasts with Tomatoes and Rice (Serves 4-5)
5 chicken breasts
1 red pepper
1 small onion
4 garlic cloves
Canned diced tomatoes
1 cup of feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 200⁰ Finely chop onions, red pepper and garlic and add to a pan. Drizzle about 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sauté the onions, red pepper and garlic on medium low heat until translucent.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan and turn up heat the medium high. Stir and let simmer for 5-10 mins.
- Season the chicken breasts with basil, salt and pepper to taste and add to the pan along with the tomatoes, onions and garlic. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Then, remove from the oven and put the hob on high. Now, crumble the feta cheese and sprinkle over. Leave on the hob until the cheese has melted.
- Add brown rice of choice, follow instructions on packet.
Per serving (without rice)