Avocados make salad dressings and ice creams super-creamy, so why not put them in a pasta sauce? It’s also a great way of using up overly ripe avocados. This is a super simple and speedy healthy recipe to make, nicely energy dense, ideal for consumption on a training day this month, whilst you’re hopefully continuing kickstarting your new year this month.
SERVES 4 | TOTAL COOK TIME – 25 mins
Per Serving = 561 Cals | Fat 26g | Carbs 66g | Protein 17g
- fusilli 350g
- garlic 2 cloves, peeled
- baby spinach 200g
- avocados 2 small ripe, halved and stoned
- extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
- roasted cashews 30g, chopped
- roasted almonds 30g, chopped
- coriander a small bunch, chopped
- limes 2
- feta 50g, (optional)
- Cook the fusilli in a large pan of boiling, salted water following pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, put the garlic and spinach in a blender with the avocado flesh. Add a drizzle of oil and season. Blitz a little, add a splash of the pasta cooking water and blitz until smooth. Leave the lid on the blender and put to one side.
- Put the chopped cashews, almonds and coriander in a bowl. Squeeze over the juice of 1 lime, season and drizzle with oil.
- Cut the other lime into wedges. Drain the pasta, reserving a cupful of the cooking water, and tip back into the pan, adding a few splashes of the water. Pour over the sauce and toss together, seasoning to taste.
- Divide between plates, spoon over the nut dressing, crumble over the feta (if using) and serve with lime wedges for squeezing over.