A really healthy greek yogurt chicken salad recipe made with delicious Moroccan spices like cinnamon, cumin and turmeric. This easy, lightened up version of traditional chicken salad has no mayo, and comes together in just 15 minutes for a protein-packed lunch! Serve with buns, lettuce wraps, or enjoy on its own.
This greek yogurt chicken salad recipe is made fresh, minimal ingredients and packed with protein thanks to plain greek yogurt. There’s also dried cherries, crunchy pecans and coriander! You can feel free to mix and match ingredients as you so choose. It’s a great way to use up grilled chicken or even leftover rotisserie chicken.
SERVES 4 | TOTAL PREP & COOK TIME = 15 mins
Per Serving = 289 Cals | Fat 9g | Carbs 19g | Protein 32g
- 2 cups (12 ounces) diced cooked chicken breast (feel free to use rotisserie or shredded chicken)
- ½ cup whole milk greek yogurt (YEP.. FULL FAT!)
- 1 tablespoon tahini (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- Optional if you like it a little spicy: 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Lots of freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup dried cherries (or sub cranberries)
- ⅓ cup diced green onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- ⅓ cup chopped toasted pecans (or sub toasted sliced almonds)
- In a large bowl, add yogurt, tahini, dijon mustard, turmeric, cinnamon, cumin, salt and pepper. Mix until smooth.
- Fold in the diced chicken breast, tart cherries, green onion, parsley, coriander and chopped pecans.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve as is, or in lettuce cups or on a sandwich/bun!